21 July 2014

YouTube favourites!

Hey there and welcome to a blog post that I've been wanting and meaning to write about for the longest time - YouTubers! I discovered the wonders of Youtube and vlogging about 3 years ago when I began watching a few daily vloggers from USA. I loved the concept of documenting your daily life for anyone to see and making a living out of it at the same time; I thought it was the raddest job ever.
Here are a few of my favourite YouTubers and why I watch them - who do you watch on YouTube? 
FYI: Click on the video screenshot of each YouTuber to be taken to that video!



ZOE SUGG / ZOELLA & MOREZOELLA

   
After my CTFxC obsession 3 years ago, I found Zoe's 'Sibling Tag' video one night and instantly became hooked. One video led to another and I ended up subscribing to her main channel and her vlog channel, which I loved the content of both. There was something about her that made me keep up with her life through videos and to this day, I look up to her and the success that has come out of her YouTube channel and her blog


HELEN MELON / MELONLADY & MELONWORLD
 

   
I only recently found Helen - probably one of the best personalities on the internet. She has that 'I don't give a shit' attitude, but you know that she would just be super lovely if you ever met her in person. Her fashion sense is to die for and knows how to put together outfits extremely well.




Joe's content that he uploads onto his channel is always quality. He brings the perfect amount of comedy and originality into all of his vlogs and I guarantee you will let out a laugh at least once in every one of his videos.



JESS / SUNBEAMSJESS

The Queen of jewellery, Jess, has been my go-to fashion inspiration for years now. She posts some amazing Outfit Of The Day videos that cater to all sorts of weathers. She stays true to her own fashion style, which is that layered and laid-back yet still sophisticated look that can be dressed up or down - which is perfectly convenient for any girl! 



JACK HOWARD / JACKHOWARD

I also discovered the dashing Jack Howard just recently and I was immediately gripped by his lovely accent and his sense of humour. His video concepts are well thought out and edited well and there's something about him that reminds me of Lee Mack?



GABRIELLA LINDLEY / VELVETGH0ST & PLANETGABB

Gabb from Sheffield is probably one of the most loyal YouTuber that I'm subscribed to. I found her channel quite recently too - when she posted about the #experienceeverything campaign run by Boohoo to be specific. I enjoyed her love for fashion, beauty homewares and One Direction and she's not afraid to have a laugh by herself on camera!



TROYE SIVAN / TROYESIVAN

It's always nice to see an Australian amongst this massive community of YouTubers, especially when Troye has so much talent to offer. I can't help but feel proud of his achievements like acting as Wolverine as a little boy and releasing an EP later this year! But this boy is hella funny and you need to watch every one of his videos now. *wink* BYYYE 



MAMRIE HART / YOUDESERVEADRINK

To be honest, I remember watching Mamrie videos when I was still 17 and thinking that everything she made looked so tasty. But for those who don't know what videos she makes, she has a show called 'You Deserve A Drink' or 'YDAD' for short. She makes different cocktails for different celebrities, events and YouTubers that are big in popular culture and creates a drinking game out of it. The best part is, you get about 2 minutes of bloopers in every video!



STEPHANIE & MELISSA / THEFASHIONCITIZEN

If you watched a recent The Fashion Citizen video right now, you would see Stephanie with ombré'd medium length hair and Melissa with a brunette pixie cut. I've been subscribed to these girls long enough to see all the phases that they've been through like Stephanie's blonde hair and Melissa's button-down obsession. I love seeing what trends they're into during every season and I love how they describe themselves as 'frugal fashionistas'.



MIRANDA SINGS / MIRANDASINGS

Miranda Sings is an alter ego of the beautiful Coleen Ballinger (also Ariana Grande's voice coach!). She is responsible for the iconic too-much red lipstick, as well as the ugly blouse paired with sweatpants and that wonderful voice. Miranda is a hilarious YouTube personality; her content includes song covers, tags and how-to's, which are all done with sarcasm if you don't pick it up straight away!


These are only some of the talented personalities that a content sharing platform like YouTube is able to expose to a wide audience on a daily basis. I love finding new YouTubers who create amazing videos and I love seeing established YouTubers grow to see success that even they never anticipated. 
I would love it if you left some of your favourite YouTube channels in the comments and if you're a YouTuber yourself, feel free to share your channel with me in the comments and I'll be sure to click that Subscribe button!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! hahah I watch pretty much all the same people and 100% agree with what you said

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's so cool! I can't imagine my life without my Youtubers haha!

      Delete