27 December 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW / Boohoo & With Love Kirsten


BOOHOO
I ordered one item from Boohoo on the 8th December with free standard shipping with the intention of using this item at a party on the 20th. The estimated delivery date was between the 16th December and 19th December, although my order was delivered to me on the 24th December. This was expected, taking into consideration the rush of the Christmas period, but I've also experienced late delivery with other orders from Boohoo in the past. On the other hand, the Boohoo Customer Help Team Twitter provided exceptional customer service with their 24/7 support and an instant response.



The festive packaging was a nice touch; kudos to Boohoo for that little detail.
My package included the correct clothing piece I ordered, the Boohoo Christmas 2013 Lookbook, a few coupons which are only good for customers within the UK, and my Golden Ticket! This ticket gave me a code for 10% my whole order - type in 'GOLDEN10' at the checkout!



I bought the 'Wendy Wrap Front Ponte Skort' in the colour Ivory and in Size 10. 



At first glance, the material of this skort does make it look a bit cheap (95% Polyester and 5% Elastane). Due to the material being fairly thin, the back is quite see-through; just be sure to wear a pair of black shorts underneath to cover your bum!
The skort does not have pockets, which a lot of other dupes have but it doesn't bother me a big deal. For those wondering if this skort is high-waisted or sits at the hips... it IS high-waisted. This design feature flatters every figure as it accentuates your waist if you choose to tuck your top into it, and gives the illusion of curves through the slight flare of the skort silhouette. 
The sizing is true to size. I was tossing up between the size 10 or going one size up because the model had the 10 on and looked quite small. If you're still in doubt, use Boohoo's size chart to help you!


~ ~ ~

WITH LOVE KIRSTEN
This Australian store sells designer duplicates at amazing prices, so when a friend recommended this store to me I checked it out! I ordered 3 items on the 13th December and they arrived on the 23rd December with standard shipping, which claimed to take an estimated 3 days at $6.32. I bought these items while there was a 40% coupon available, so I ended up spending a total of $21.73. With Love Kirsten customers cannot pay with Paypal, so a bank transfer is required. If any assistance is needed, you're able to message them on Facebook for a quick and helpful response.


I ordered the YSL Inspired T-shirt, YSL Earrings and the Guess Inspired Key Earrings. As seen in the photograph above, the shirt came in a normal plastic cover, but the 2 pieces of jewellery were put in a nicely designed paper bag shown below. 


The YSL T-Shirt was a let down to be completely honest. It was very different to the image on the website, where in real life, the print is larger and the material is lacking any quality. It becomes very unflattering as the fabric is very thin and see-through, and sizes run small. I purchased this for $12.99 with 40% off.



The YSL Earrings did not come with a holder like the Guess pair, but they were nonetheless still in good condition and they're basically identical to the photo shown on the website. I got this pair in Gun Metal Grey and they were only $2.99 with 40% off. Pretty good?


I bought this pair as a gift and was impressed because you can hardly tell that it's a duplicate. This particular pair is now sold out on the website, although I purchased this for $3.99 with 40% off. Again, an amazing deal.



 - AlissAMR


2 comments:

  1. What size do you wear normally? I wanted to get the skort but am quite petite so I'm worried the smallest one may be too baggy as i wanted this to be tight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      I normally would get a Size 10 for bottoms, but I've lost a bit of weight so I should start buying Size 8 bottoms because nothing from last Summer fits me hahah!
      This skort I bought in a Size 10 but I have a big bum and a small waist, so it fit weird on me (too short and showed off my bum). I'm not sure how the smaller sizes will be like... maybe even shorter?

      Alissa xx

      Delete